Field Application Scientist, Germany (home-office)
ChemoMetec produces and markets instruments for cell analysis. Our analytical platform is based on fluorescence microscopy and is used by leading research groups and pharmaceutical companies to quantify specific cell populations. Our instruments have become a core technology in the manufacturing of cell therapies, a segment which has seen exponential growth in recent years. This year, we launched a new high-end image cytometer, the Xcyto 10, and we are now looking for talented candidates to join our team of Application Scientists in Europe, to support our clients.
As Field Application Scientist, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team of sales representatives, marketing professionals, and product development scientists. With a solid experience in cell biology and flow cytometry analysis, you are a key person in providing technical direction to ChemoMetec’s clients in Europe. You are responsible for conducting product demonstrations, installations and perform ongoing support. Internally, you shall represent the voice-of-the-customer, providing direction for the market and product development teams. You will have excellent communication skills, are comfortable with advanced data analysis, and have a willingness to travel up to half of your work time.
As a Field Application Scientist, you will develop expert knowledge about industrial cell biology technologies and learn how to use this insight to create value in your own organization. The position offers great career development opportunities within business development, product management, and marketing.
- Conduct and participate in product demonstrations at customer sites showcasing Chemometec’s two products lines: Xcyto and NucleoCounter.
- Work closely with Sales during business development, leads qualification and nurturing of prospective customers.
- Perform instrument installation, user training and assist clients with the implementation of specialized assays.
- Provide key accounts with customer support via email and phone.
- Produce well-organized and information-rich learning material for internal and external use.
- Collaborate with marketing staff to develop campaigns and material.
- Product training for Sales.
- Participate in product development, by supporting the development of application and software functionalities.
- MSc or Ph.D. in cell biology, biology or equivalent.
- Strong experience with cell culture and analysis.
- Expert flow cytometry operator.
- Expert user in fluorescence microscopy would be a valuable skill.
- Experience with automated image analysis would be an advantage.
- An ability to complete tasks in a short timeframe.
- Show adaptability when priorities change.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills to clearly articulate ideas, problems, and solutions.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly (up to 50% travel days).
- Industrial experience would be great.
- Experience with GMP and/or bioprocessing would be a major asset.
We look forward to receiving your application.