Field Application Scientists, USA
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
Location: San Francisco (CA), Long Island (NY) and Boston (MA)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Education: Master’s (Required)
Please send BOTH your resume and a one-page cover letter merged into a single PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for 5 new energetic and motivated scientists across the US, who will use his/her scientific training to help other scientists across many levels. You will use your time management skills to tackle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently to solve problems. Equally importantly, you do not cave under stress and pressure, especially during customer face time. Since this position requires extensive travel activity, it’ll help if you enjoy traveling and occasionally getting stuck at airports at odd hours of the day.
As a Field Application Scientist, you will use your expert hands-on experience with cell culture to help customers implement our technology for their applications. You will work in conjunction with our team of sales representatives to expand our operations and support end users on the North American West Territories, primarily in CA, WA, and TX. You will also participate in our conference activities and develop educational content for existing and potential customers. In summary, this position is an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy solving problems and providing customer support, and for a scientist looking to move away from the bench. Applications will NOT be considered without a cover letter.
- Plan and perform product demonstrations, installations, training and presentations at end-user sites.
- Provide technical support for end users via remote or onsite troubleshooting.
- Support marketing and sales in identifying key customer segments and developing strategies to increase reach and revenue.
- Generate marketing, scientific and product-relevant material for prospective and existing customers.
- Scientific background in biology
- Preferred: Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology, cancer biology, or related area
- Required: MSc with at least 2 years commercial experience will be considered
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is a must
- Flow cytometry and/or fluorescent microscopy experience is desirable
- GMP knowledge and/or experience is desirable
- Required: already residing in US West Territories (WA, OR, CA, CO, or TX)
- Adaptability and keen problem-solving skills
- Highly driven and motivated work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time
- Cell culture (primary, cell lines, apheresis): 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer-facing or tech support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Flow cytometry and/or fluorescent microscopy: 1 year (Preferred)
We are looking forward to receiving your application.