Cell Vitality Assay
Detection of cell vitality and cellular thiol levels using VitaBright-48™ and the NC-3000™
- Extremely easy assay for evaluation of cellular health, oxidative stress and indirect detection of apoptosis
- Total assay time less than one minute
- Acquisition and analysis at the single cell level in one simple step
- User friendly protocol with predefined settings
- PlotManager for superior data presentation
- Automated PDF reports
- Export of data in FCS/ACS formats
Vitality assay: Analysis of the level of cellular thiols using the NucleoCounter® NC-3000™ System
GSH is involved in many cellular processes including quenching of free radicals, drug detoxification, cell signaling, and cell proliferation. The decrease in cellular GSH concentration is an early hallmark in the progression of cell death in response to different apoptotic stimuli in many cell types.
Scatter plots and histograms showing thiol level distribution (VB-48™ intensity) in the cell population are automatically displayed after analysis.
By comparing the VB-48™ intensity of treated cells and control cells the fraction of cells with low vitality (e.g. apoptotic or stressed cells) can be determined.
Results: Presented in PlotManager
- Ask our scientists