Modern corporate relations are unthinkable without the possibility for online meetings and group calls. Various providers offer free and easily accessible Apps for this purpose, such as Skype, Microsoft teams, Zoom, or Blizz. One benefit of using Zoom or Blizz over Skype or Teams, is that you can join meetings and calls without registration.
-Only the initiator/host of the meeting must have Zoom installed on their computer.
-Other participants can join with a meeting ID.
How to connect with Zoom
Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from the ZoomDownload center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link. Each meeting has a unique number called a meeting ID that will be required to join a Zoom meeting. If you are joining via telephone, you will need the teleconferencing number provided in the invite.
There are 4 ways to join a Zoom meeting:
- With the Zoom app on your desktop
- Through a link via your email invitation
- From the Zoom website
- Via telephone dial-in
From the Zoom app:
- Open the Zoom app on your computer
- Click on Join
- Enter the Meeting ID (this is displayed in the email invitation)
- You can then choose whether to come into the meeting with your audio or video enabled or disabled
- You will receive an email invitation from the meeting host
- Click on the link in the email
- You will be taken to the meeting
From the Zoom website:
- Go to the Zoom website
- Click on „Join a meeting”
- Enter Meeting ID
Telephone dial in:
- You will receive an email from the meeting host
- It will display the Dial in number