Accessing results post acquisition may be necessary for several reasons such as performing post acquisition analysis, using the gating settings as a template, exporting data to excel, among other uses. It becomes necessary to find the results files.
This document will explain how to retrieve data after acquisition.
How to Find Results Files
Finding and Retrieving Results inside NucleoView
- When running a protocol, the results will be displayed on the user interface upper right corner. From the results displayed you can click on a result to either review the results in the results tab or right click to display data in Plot Manager
- To import data from a previous experiment
- Click on the folder in the upper right corner (1)
- The following File Browser box appears
- To retrieve result file
- Select a date, a week, a month or a year on the left side of the File Browser (2).
- The right side (3) is then populated with all images from the selected period. The first column lists file names, and the following columns list further properties of each file.
Note: A red dot in front of the file name indicates that the file has been modified by a user after it was created or that the data was acquired with an unlocked user adapted protocol. Modifications may be that a log entry has been added to the file, or that the file has been renamed.
- Double-click on a file in the list to open it in the Main Window.
- Multiple files may be selected by holding down Shift or Control and selecting files by left clicking. One option is to add the selected files to an open Plot Manager by drag and dropping the selected files to the Plot Manager.
- Right-click the header row in the right side of the browser and select Columns set-up to specify which properties are to be listed.
- Other right-click options available: Right-click on one or more selected files to get a context menu offering the following options:
- Properties: Opens the Properties window for the file.
- Add to Report: Adds the file to the Report Generator.
- Print: Prints the embedded data for the file.
- Print with Plots: Prints the embedded data for the file together with the plots saved for the file.
- Batch Export Data: Opens a window where the acquired data from an analysis can be exported in ACS or FCS file formats. Be aware that multiple files can only be exported together if they have been acquired with the same protocol.
- Create PDF Report: Opens the PDF Report dialog, where PDF reports can be created and printed for one or multiple files.
- Approve: Option to approve the data for the file in connection with 21 CFR Part 11.
Finding and Retrieving Results from Desktop
It may be necessary to retrieve the results form the desktop for analysis at a different workstation than the one connected to the instrument. NucleoView software may be installed on any PC computer, this way analysis can be performed at leisure, this is especially useful when using FlexiCyte as most the experiments performed with FlexiCyte may require further analysis.
- On the desktop, find the folder labeled NucleoView NC-3000 Data, double click to open.
- Find the folder labeled Results, double click to open.
- Inside the results folder, the following result folders can be found
- Data folders labeled yyyymmdd – these can be copied to another workstation
- PDF Folder – this is where all the PDFs generated per protocol are located
- Other folders are, PM Folder; saved plot manager templates, csv folder; for all exported csv files.