Is PBS Affecting Your Cells?
Host: Torsten Schultz Larsen, PhD, Lead Application Scientist at ChemoMetec
Presenters: James Haile, PhD, Field Application Scientist at ChemoMetec
Duration: 40 minutes
The Cell Counting Process
Cell counting begins long before you load your cell counting instrument or hemocytometer. How you handle your cells and the protocols you follow can have a dramatic effect on the accuracy, precision, and repeatability of the results.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How PBS affects the cell count
- How PBS affects cell viability measurements
- The nature of the PBS effect
- The presence of PBS in commonly used cell counting dye solutions
- How to mitigate the effect of PBS or the best alternatives