The pandemic a year on
- 1 minutes
Success stories about COVID-19 treatment & vaccine development
While the past year has been abnormal and quite challenging, it has been a constant motivation to know that we at ChemoMetec can play a part in the fight against the coronavirus:
2. The Méary Center APHP is using our cell counter to develop an MSC-based treatment for patients with respiratory symptoms.
3. The Jenner Institute used our automated cell counter to develop the Oxford/AstraZeneca mRNA-based vaccine, which is now being administered to many across the world.
4. Finally, in November, we sat down and talked to Drs. Ali Salanti and Max Moscote Søgaard from AdaptVac and ExpreS2ion Biotechnologies, respectively, to talk about how to fast-track vaccine development and testing. Their COVID-19 vaccine has been recently (as of March 2021) approved for clinical trials in humans.
- AdaptVac: Developing a COVID-19 Vaccine Using VLP Technology
- COVID-19 Vaccine: ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 at the Edward Jenner Institute
- Science Talk: Fast-tracking a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Méary Center: Expediting Time to Trial for COVID-19 Patient Respiratory Treatment at the Meary Center AP-HP
- Industry: Virus production
- Industry: Therapeutic Antibodies